Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mario Frangoulis on One Voice From Africa – March 29th

Mario Frangoulis
Mario Frangoulis is a tenor of the 21st Century, with the ability to sing everything from a hard-rock anthem to an operatic aria. "My greatest love is opera and classical music," Mario says, "I always sang from an early age, with a record player—with Greek singers of course, but also recordings of movie musicals, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand. I knew I had a good voice but I didn’t know I had an operatic voice. In the beginning, I was against anyone saying I had that kind of operatic sound. I had always felt I didn’t belong in that category. I wanted to communicate the music, and I didn’t think opera singers sounded young enough, modern enough." Then Frangoulis saw a performance of Carmen with José Carreras and Agnes Baltsa, which drew him into the world of opera.

I had anticipated a 15-minute interview with Mario on One Voice From Africa!

Can you begin to imagine the thrill as the (supposed) interview rapidly evolved into a gentle and very heartfelt conversation that lasted for over two hours?

Be sure to tune in to this very special episode of One Voice From Africa on Tuesday March 29th, 2011 at 7:00PM, and be prepared to listen to the most awe-inspiring conversation. Mario and I discuss life, love, causes, music, Africa, and so much more . . . you’ll want to listen in to hear the story of the 'red rose' . . . so join us, and share this information with your family, friends, and loved ones.

You’ll certainly not want to miss this exclusive 'conversation' with Mario Frangoulis on One Voice From Africa – but if you do, do be reminded that it is available to download so that you can listen at your leisure. You can also subscribe to our FREE podcast in the Apple iTunes Store – simply visit Apple iTunes and search One Voice From Africa or Kenneth Hieber.


Mario and I look most forward to having you join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment